Memorial Day is just around the corner; Michigander’s are gearing up for a long Holiday weekend getaway after a long hard winter. When packing for this much needed and well deserved trip, leave the disposable swim diapers at the big box store. Reusable swim diapers are the way to go!
Swim diapers are required at public pools and a safe bet to avoid embarrassing moments in the water! If you buy the disposable version, you throw the diaper(s) away after a day at the beach. Why not get the most for your money? Buy a washable swim diaper.
1. They are durable and easy to take on and off. This makes them perfect for potty training as well, they will not fall apart with a couple trips to the bathroom.
2. Keep unnecessary waste out of landfills, not to mention saving the chemicals and waste involved in the manufacturing of the disposable version.
3. They can be used over and over again, passed down to siblings and/or sold to a another family.
4. They do not contain any harmful chemicals that may irritate your baby’s skin.
5. The disposable and reusable versions serve the same purpose. How well do they hold in urine? Honestly, that’s not what they are designed to do. It would be very difficult to make something that absorbs liquid while simultaneously keeping out another liquid. If they were absorbent, the diapers would just absorb the pool/lake water.
As always with cloth diapers, there is a cuteness factor involved!